How do I connect the Arlo base station to the Netgear WIFI?
To transfer the internet into your Arlo wire-free cameras, it is mandatory to have a proper internet connection into the base station of your Arlo camera. The base station can be connected to the existing WIFI network of your NETGEAR router. It is very simple to connect your Arlo base station with the Netgear router using the below-mentioned steps and procedures.
Arlo base-station to the Netgear router
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect your Arlo Base-Station with the router. The base station should be powered on before you start the setup process.
- Powering on the Arlo base station before connecting to the router can raise a lot of issues and problems.
- Connect the power adapter to the base station and then plug it to the electric outlet of your home.
- Power on the base Arlo base station after connecting it to the router using the power ON/OFF button.
- Wait for the power LEDs and the Internet LEDs to turn solid green for at least two minutes. If your base station is having a single LED light, then you should wait to see the solid blue LED over it.
- In this way your Arlo base station will be connected to the NETGEAR router’s WIFI network.
In this process there is a common problem that most of the user face is the Arlo can’t discover the base-station during the installation process. Follow the upcoming blog to get a solution for this problem.
Arlo can’t discover my Base-Station during Setup
In case your Arlo app or the web-based interface is unable to locate or access your Arlo SmartHub or the Base-Station, then you need to do some of the basic needful steps and measures. These are also called the troubleshooting steps for the Arlo SmartHub or the base station discovery problems.
- Turn off your base-station first, then remove the Ethernet cable that is connecting your NETGEAR router and the base station of the Arlo wire-free camera.
- Start the installation process again.
- Make sure that you have connected your base station with the router before you power on the router and the base station.
- Verify the color of the LEDs over the router and the base station. If the internet LED is not turning green that means the Arlo base station has failed to connect with the router.
- In that case unplug the Ethernet cable from both the ends, and then connect it back to your router and the base station. Then power on the base station and then the router.
- If the internet LED is solid Amber, that means the base station is connected to the router but is unable to associate with the “Arlo Cloud Server”. In that case you have to bring the base station closer to the router.
- If the Internet LED light is green, then you have to perform the factory reset to your Arlo base station and then try with the same process from the beginning.
- If the Internet LED is twinkling amber, then you need to contact the experts via my.arlo.com or arlosupport.com
How can I reset the Arlo Base-Station to the Default Settings?
Performing a factory reset will bring your Arlo Base station to its original default settings or the values. It removes the serial number from your Arlo Account also. Performing a factory reset to the Arlo base station is a very simple and easy step that anyone can perform with a little guidance and assistance from the myarlo.com support team.
- Take a pen or a refill of the pen. Then locate the reset button on the Arlo base station. It will at the back or the bottom of your Arlo base station, depending upon the model
- Use the pen or the refill to press the reset button on your Arlo base station. Press the button and then hold it for 15-to20 seconds.
- Now, as the base station will start getting its default factory settings, the LED light will start to flash amber.
- When the LED will stop flashing amber, that means your base-station is going to reboot.
- After resetting, your Arlo base station, your base-station will be removed from the Arlo Account as well. You need to log in again with the same email ID and the password to register your base-station with the My Arlo Account.
- After that is the power LED and the Internet LED, both are solid green, then click onto the Arlo icon on your mobile devices and then log in to your Arlo account.
- You can also register your Arlo Base-Station with the Arlo account using my.arlo.com in the search bar of the web exploring browser.
- Go and click on to New System Setup, and then follow the on-screen instruction to get register the Arlo base station.